After submitting your rental application for one of our homes, we verify employment, perform background checks, including criminal and sex offense history, and credit checks.
Applicants will be denied for the following or similar reasons:
- Income: On most of our properties, the gross monthly income for all tenants should be at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount.
- Employment: We require verifiable employment history for the past three (3) years. Acceptable forms of Income and Employment documents are Tax Returns, W-2’s, bank statements with direct deposits, paycheck stubs, etc.
- Credit History: We will obtain a copy of your credit report. You cannot provide the credit report to us, we will obtain this ourselves.
- Criminal and Sex Offense History: We will check for inclusion in these databases.
- Pets: Pet policies and pet deposits vary by home. Most home owners allow pets, but limit the number and size of pets. Please contact our office to inquire about pet policies for a property you a trying to rent.
- Occupancy: The total number of occupants may not exceed two (2) per bedroom.
- False, inaccurate, or incomplete applications
- Evictions, judgments related to rental residency
- Current bankruptcy proceedings
- Felony convictions and out of prison or jail less than 5 years
- Multiple felonies, physical or violent crimes, domestic violence, sex offenses; and/or appearance on any sexual offense or terrorist database
Applicants may be denied or required to pay additional deposit or rent for the following or similar reasons:
- Insufficient verifiable income
- Excessive late or NSF rent payments
- Broken leases
- Property damages
- Unpaid rent
- Mortgage not current
- Credit scores under 600 or no credit score
- Excessive credit collection balances or delinquent payments